Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Yikes! Life's Busy

Yikes! Life's busy. I've been so busy that it's been nearly five weeks since I posted to the blog.


During that time I've -- rewritten parts of my novel and developed a new story for a novel, created a soothing getaway for my writing muse on my back patio - complete with fountain, swing, plants - flowering and non-flowering, bird feeder, miniature bird bath, and inanimate yard critters. In the front yard, I've hung pots of petunias, a bird feeder, and set up a birdbath I can view from the bench on my front porch.

I've also vacationed in San Antonio, Texas, at Sea World and the River Walk, where I took loads of pictures.




I've hosted a weekend Plotting Party for one of my RWA chapters, which was fabulous. Here we are after dinner Friday evening.



Yesterday I drove to a nearby metro area where I bought a brand new notebook computer for my birthday. I didn't want to order off the Internet and wait nearly two weeks for it.

Now, I'm charging into my writing to add a layer that will round out my flat characters and strengthen the romantic relationship between the hero and heroine.

Have a great day! And think of your intention to write today. Focus on that intention. Then take action. Write on!

6 comments:

Jo Smith said...

Julia
You are amazing. You are one cool lady with no end to your energy and creativity.

I had such a good time with the group and it was a new experience for me to do group brainstorming on any of my work.

Thanks again for the wonderful weekend and I know what you are thinking the rest did more than you did.

No my friend, it was your drive that lead, and we all love following.

Enjoy
Jo

Julia Mozingo said...

Aw, Jo, you're one smart lady. You knew exactly what I was thinking -- everyone else did so much, and I did so little, providing the accommodations. I'm so glad you came and were part of the group.

Dana Pollard said...

Glad to see you back in the blogging world!!

You're one busy woman.

Mike Mazzo said...

Hey, Julia. Love your pictures. Your back patio looks great. If only it wasn't so hot outside.

Betty S said...

Beautiful photos.

I had a great weekend. You're one awesome woman.

Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Lovely photos, Julia! The one of the flowers up top is very relaxing. - And good point on writing and intent. Thanks.

(Bobbie/Sunny)